What's Happening in Gibson County
Video & Photo Galleries
- Art Among The Azaleas 2012
- Azalea Path Arboretum & Botanical Gardens Peak Bloom Time is April-May
- BARN QUILT TRAIL! New in 2013!
- Gibson County cell phone tour makes it easier for visitors to get information on county attractions
- Gibson County's Bicentennial Celebration 2013
- Lyles Station Historical School & Museum Showcases Rural African American Experience
- Toyota Visitors Center celebrates three year anniversary February 2013
Gibson County Spotlight
Fall brings on the FUN in Gibson County
Golden Heritage Days
One special time a year, Gibson County residents gather to celebrate its golden heritage.
An over 30 year tradition of eating your way around the courthouse square continues September 19-21, as vendors from around the tri-state area line the streets to sell their delicious goodies.
Awesome food, carriage rides, inflatables, live music, and an ABATE motorcycle show are just a few of the other offerings of that will round out this year’s festival.
For a complete schedule of events, call the Gibson COunty Chamber of Commerce at 812-385-2401 or visit www.gibsoncountychamber.org
The Moving Wall- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
This half-size replica of the Washington, DC Vietnam Veterans Memorial has been touring the country for almost thirty years and will be at the Gibson County Fairgrounds September 18-22.
The Wall holds the names of nearly 1,600 Hoosiers killed in Vietnam and almost 60,000 names of soldiers across the USA.
Free Shuttles to the fairground will be available during Heritage Days.
LYLES STATION CORN MAZE AND FALL FUN
Bring your kids out for a night of aMAZing fun! Get lost inside 12 acres of Indiana corn, paint pumpkins, enjoy a campfire, hot apple cider, weenies, s‘mores & mores!
Every Friday and Saturday in October. A special Haunted Corn maze will be open October 25th and 31st. For more information, visit www.lylesstation.org