GIBSON COUNTY EVENTS CALENDAR
December 5, 2020
Princeton's Lighted Christmas Parade
Princeton's Snowflake Christmas parade will be held in downtown Princeton on Saturday, December 5th at 5:00 p.m.
This lighted parade will feature floats, musical entries, as well as golf carts.
The Grand Marshal to be announced
The parade will line up on S. Hart St., merging onto S. Main St. from W. Pinkney. The parade will continue north up S. Main Street and turn west on State Street, returning to S Hart St.
Free visits with Santa will immediately follow the parade
Polar Express Movie & Brunch with Santa
Have Brunch with Santa at the Princeton Theater & Community Theatre, then elf out to a holiday movie!
Home for the Holiday Events
Due to the rising numbers of COVID cases in our county, the Princeton Christmas parade, as well as other county holiday events, have been canceled.
You can stay home for the holidays and still get in the Christmas spirit by participating in our Stay Home For the Holidays activities!
• Follow the Gibson County Visitors and Tourism Bureau on Facebook for live videos of holiday light displays, including the lighting of the picturesque Gibson County Courthouse!
• The kids can mail their Christmas letters to Santa at the Princeton Train Depot, 702 West Broadway, Princeton. Letters must be deposited in “Santa’s Mailbox” no later than December 15th in order to get a reply from St. Nick himself!
• The 2020 Holiday Home Decorating Contest will offer cash prizes to the brightest and best holiday displays throughout the county! The deadline to register your display is December 8th. Visit Home For the Holidays
for entry forms and contest rules.
• Join in the fun of the “Christmas Cruise” on Saturday, December 12th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. DECORATE YOUR VEHICLE with Christmas lights and cruise the county, checking out the holiday light displays and spreading Christmas cheer along your way! While you’re out, be sure to check out each of the entries in the Holiday Home Decorating Contest. The addresses of participating entrants from across the county will be posted. Lafayette Park in Princeton will introduce its new Tunnel of Lights and word on the street is that Santa will be out and about that evening, so keep your eyes peeled!!
• Gather the family around on Christmas Eve for a special Facebook Live presentation of “Twas the Night Before Christmas” presented by the Broadway Players. Follow the Gibson County Visitors and Tourism Bureau on Facebook or visit www.gibsoncountyin.org
for event and activities details, check out Home For the Holidays
or contact the Gibson County Visitors and Tourism Bureau at (812) 385-0999 or email email@example.com