GIBSON COUNTY EVENTS CALENDAR
The week's events
- April 15, '2018April 15, 2018
- April 16, '2018April 16, 2018
- April 17, '2018April 17, 2018
- April 18, '2018April 18, 2018
- April 19, '2018April 19, 2018
- April 20, '2018April 20, 2018
- April 21, '2018April 21, 2018Loehr Productions 3 day Barrel RaceBeer Garden on the Square!8:00 am: Oakland City City Wide Clean-up Day
April 21, 2018 –
Oakland City will be having their city wide clean up day this Saturday, 8am-noon. Residents can bring items to the dumpsters located on the old Ice Plant property. For curbside pickup, call 812-729-3222 before 3pm Friday.9:00 am: Wildflower Walk at the Patoka River National Wildlife Refuge
April 21, 2018 –Patoka River Wildlife Refuge510 ½ West Morton Street,Oakland City, IN 47660
April showers bring wildflowers. Join Patoka River NWR volunteer, Linda Wilcox, and discover what is blooming on the Refuge on Saturday, April 21 (rain date, April 28) at 9:00 am CST. Meet at Boyd’s Trail parking lot and plan to drive or carpool to a designated location on the Refuge. Exploring will be off trail through the woods. Suitable clothing and shoes, as well as insect repellent, are suggested.
To get to the Boyd’s Trail parking lot, head east on SR 64 through Oakland City. Just outside of the city, past the brown sign, turn left on CR 1275E. In 1/2 mile, bear left on paved 1300E; it will become gravel. Continue one mile to the parking lot located on the left side of the road.